Saturday, October 22, 2011

Week 9: Rough Animation

Yesterday was a very productive day! I'm going to try to keep this pace up for the whole weekend. Wish me luck.

Here are the shots I finished yesterday. I might update this post with new things as a finish them. Or maybe I'll keep them as a surprise for later. We'll see ;)

This shot will have mermaids in the background but I decided to focus on Rose for the rough stuff.


Rose almost runs into the duwende. The way she dodges causes her to fall backwards into the stall. I'm going to add in a little bit of a bounce when I clean the shot up.


The monsters tell Rose to clean up the rainbow mess. She's given a plunger, takes a deep breath, and then walks over to the stall.


Immediately after this shot, Rose cowers from the rainbow. I'll probably add a little bit of movement to Rose but, with this shot, I wanted to figure out how to do the rainbow's movement correctly. If it's just a straight line, then it doesn't look like it's moving. Everyone I've asked so far enjoys the "snaking" rainbow more so I'll probably stick with that one.


After she cowers from the rainbow, Rose musters her courage and goes over to the rainbow. She stabs it with the plunger but it gets ripped from her hands and thrown away, never to be heard from again. Versions A and B of this shot are very close to each other. The difference is how fast the plunger spins.

I'm considering changing it so the plunger disappears with a twinkle like Team Rocket.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful work, Sydney! My only suggestion would be to add some secondary action after she falls into the stall. Her motion ends somewhat abruptly.

    Great work!

    ReplyDelete