Saturday, October 15, 2011

Week 8: Magical Door

I'm having a hard time deciding what the magical door should look like. I know it's going to have a unisex bathroom "sign" on it.




But the door itself varies in my head. I know that I don't want it to look the same as the normal restroom doors. There is a lot of bamboo in the bathroom now. It's build into the sink and the stalls. So one idea is to make the door look like it's from a nipa hut.




But that's a really old design. Pre-Spanish colonization old. Since the tikbalang myth is linked with Spanish colonization, I've been considering doing a very Spanish door. It'd be pretty looking and clearly ill-fitting with the school's surroundings.


I like both ideas but I cringe when I think about animating them. It's not just opening and closing either. This door has a dramatic entrance and exit.

I ought to just pick something and move on but I'm mentally hung up on this door right now. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Edit: The cubicle consensus was BAMBOO.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm- this is a tough one. I like both ideas. The Spanish doors are beautiful, but I really like the idea of bamboo doors in the middle of nowhere. It somehow seems funnier to me.

    ReplyDelete