Thursday, November 3, 2011

Week 11: Animatic


Next week is a real beast for me in terms of schoolwork so I wanted to finish this ASAP. I don't know how much else I'll be able to do for Tuesday but hopefully this is enough to get a good critique!




Now that I've listened to my thesis, there are a few rough shots I want to tweak. The way Syr delivered Rose's lines doesn't always match my rough take at Rose's acting. However, I am REALLY happy with the way the teacher and the mermaids create atmosphere. They crack me up.

Rosalinda and the mermaids have their actual voices. Mar agreed to be the teacher at the beginning and I'm actively questing for a man with a deep, booming voice to be the tikbalang. I have tons of other little sounds (grunts, screams, grumbles, heavy breathing, etc.) that I'll probably add in at some point but, for now, I'm happy.

Finding all those sound effects has convinced me that I need professional help. My brain just doesn't do audio. I'm still devoid of ideas for how the rainbow and magical door should sound. Suggestions are much appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if I can find you professional help for your audiophobic complex, but is that Super Mario Land music I hear in the magic bathroom scenes?

    That gnome with the hose is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! The background really adds a lot, especially the elevator music.

    ReplyDelete