Saturday, November 19, 2011

Week 13: Cutting Down

This week, I met with Trixy. I'm not sure what I expected her to say but what she did say took me by surprise. She felt that the bathroom scene was too long. In hindsight, it was obvious.  I've been lengthening my animatic every time I touch it. My week 3 animatic was 3:34 while the week 12 one is 4:36!

Based on Trixy's suggestions, I've redone the bathroom scene. The rainbow sound is, of course, temporary. I just needed something BIG for that moment.



In case you want to compare and contrast, here's what the bathroom scene looked like for seminar.



The short version drops 6 shots, making it 13 seconds shorter. Of course, shorter doesn't necessarily mean better. If I want to, I know that I can finish the longer version. This is all about what works better as a whole. I do like some of the new gags but part of that might be the fact that they are new.

I'd really appreciate some feedback so that I can nail down my game plan. Should I stick with what I had before? Switch to the short one? Mix and match? Do another even shorter cut?

Edit: Last night, before I went to sleep, I had the two videos "race" each other. It was gave me a better sense of how the edits effected the overall timing but, more importantly, it was funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment