Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Week 3: Establishing Shots

Surprisingly enough, I'm really enjoying my establishing shots. Who'd have thought?


Right now, I'm trying to decide how much effort should go into my backgrounds. I want to include grand establishing shots (since they are so much fun) but how much is too much when it comes to the lesser shots? I don't want the backgrounds to be distracting but I'm not sure if that means toning things down in places or maintaining a consistent amount of detail in every frame.

1 comment:

  1. I hate everything about how good at perspective you are, ugh.

    Anyway, I think that if you keep your characters' colours fairly flat? It won't clash with the backgrounds that much. Think Sleeping Beauty (I know you don't like Disney, but a few screenshots could get my point across). Something Tom Sito told me that really helped was that when something is further off in the distance, don't render it quite as much. It helps draw the eye where you want it to go.

    I'd say as long as you keep the characters and backgrounds separate in terms of colour and detail, you'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete