Sunday, February 5, 2012

Week 4: Victory and Defeat

Rose's victory over the toilet is all roughed out now. It's .... something. It'll be much less "awkward" after I clean it up and fix a couple issues but, for now, I'm happy to check this off my to-do list.





I've only got 8 shots left to rough out, which sounds like so little until I remember that 5 of them are group shots, 4 have the tikbalang speak, and one is Rose laughing. My schedule has me finishing all my rough animation in week 5 so I've set myself up for quite a work week. I can do it though!

Update:

I wanted to work on the big establishing shot today but, when I looked at the background I drew at the start of last semester, I hated it. The perspective is wonky and everyone'd be so spread out.


Option #1 for the new background is a tweaked version of the sketch I use in my animatic. I'm not in love with it since Rose would have to be really really really really tall in order to see the bathroom at this angle.

Option #2 has a much lower horizon line. Rose would have to be a midget to see things at this angle but I justified it by saying this helps highlight how intimidated she is. The sink looks much bigger than the stalls though.

I'm not in love with either option but I don't know if it's worth it to draw another one. It's an important shot but it isn't the only big one left. I'm going to take a break for now and try animating something else.

2 comments:

  1. My favorites are the original and option #2. Remember you can take artistic license. I think the intimidation factor would outweigh the "midget" factor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember what Brad Bird says...something like...when in doubt, lower the camera.

    That toilet animation is fantastic, by the way. It's almost antagonistic the way it aims directly at Rose, forcing her to slog through the rainbow-juice to shut it off.

    ReplyDelete