Monday, January 16, 2012

Week 2: Rough Animation

Earlier this week, I made a rough schedule. However, over the weekend, I finished almost two weeks worth of work so it clearly wasn't an accurate schedule. I'm going to make a much more intense one to help me push myself. Aim for the moon and all that jazz.

Here's what I completed this weekend.



They are some of the easier shots but, even still, I feel pretty good. I'm expecially proud of the "water" animation.

Hopefully, the monsters won't be too hard, although I am still a bit nervous. If anyone has references on how to animate a horse's head or a bat's wings, I'd appreciate the help.

Edit: Oh man, guys. The begining of this shot isn't good but I'm SO PROUD of the ending.

2 comments:

  1. Wow- your effects animation is beautiful! You may want to hold a bit when you pull out from the frame at :12 (in the first video.)

    Here is a reference for horses: http://www.elfwood.com/farp/horses/horses.html

    and a bat:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP6x3ywFZmo

    Beautiful work Sydney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks so fantastic! Especially the one at the end when she opens the door all wet.

    I also liked the tikbalang's elbow at 0:11. Just struck me as a particularly well-drawn elbow.

    ReplyDelete